• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apparently Google do EarPods now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Pixel Buds tech specs – Google Store

What exactly are "Voice-detecting accelerometer" and "Motion-detecting accelerometer and gyroscope"? Marketing gibberish or something genuinely clever and useful?

They look a bit naff IMO.
    Gyroscope is there so that the phone knows when you put the headphones down. Had that on the AirPods for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What does the app do, and why do they need a special app?

I remember when Google used to sell cheap - now they want to be a premium brand. At that price why not go for a stylish brand... I've heard people who use the Apple ones a lot grudgingly admit they are wonderful.
      i've never bought any apple products for myself but having used the Airpods they are brilliant for handsfree calling, the mic really pics up your voice unlike other wireless ear buds where noone can hear you

Comment

Working...
      X