• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a new tellybox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, everyone knows if you cancel sky and dont have the whizzy new Sky Q box, that the older Sky+ HD box effectively gives you Freesat? Yes, you lose the subscription Sky channels but all the rest are still available and free.

I wouldnt muck about with any OS on a new tv, just use a Roku Streaming Stick or Amazon Firestick.

Comment

Yep. My parents did that for a while.

Comment

I had TalkTalk with their TV package a good while back... I kept the telly box and now run it as a stand-alone, and essentially "free", Freeview PVR. It's perfect for what I need.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
          Hmmm, everyone knows if you cancel sky and dont have the whizzy new Sky Q box, that the older Sky+ HD box effectively gives you Freesat? Yes, you lose the subscription Sky channels but all the rest are still available and free.
          Its for this reason its best to ask the Sky engineer to install a Hybrid LNB if you upgrade (or installing) Sky Q. Then, if you give up Sky Q (and they take their box back) you can fetch/buy off eBay a Sky+ box and use it for Freesat.

If they install their standard LNB at the dish, you need to get a new one to use that dish for Freesat. A lot of new TVs have a Freesat tuner built in too.

Comment

I sent my LG sound bar back today for warrenty repair. There appears to be an intermittent fault where the sub woofer is playing back as an additional audio channel and it obviously sounds awful.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
            X