• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WFH Web meeting kit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Play nicely or I'll put up your photo from facebook showing how lockdown has treated you!
    Please don't.

Comment

Update on this:
      The Lume Cube light is really good, I'd recommend it. Overall the changes I've made so far to the lighting in the room definitely make a massive difference.
      The webcam (Logitech Streamcam) arrived today and I had it working in five minutes. The picture is great, even when turning it down to 720p. When in 1080p mode I think it's better still, but to be honest it's small degrees so hard to tell. The Logitech Capture software is easy to use and gives a lot of options.
      I haven't bothered with a microphone as I'll see how I get on with using the Logitech's built in dual microphones.

So, the best change I've made was the lighting. The most expensive change was the webcam, but if it helps me get a new gig, then it'll be worth it.

Oh, and I can recommend an Iiyama 27" Quad HD monitor too!

Comment

Posting my other thread made me realise I didn’t actually say the kit I’m using.

Nikon D7000
        Elgato 4K cam link (takes the feed from the camera or any other HDMI output)

Rode NT-USB microphone (might be on its last legs if the other thread turns out to be a none starter)
        SM6 shock mount and pop filter (if you’re going external mic get a shock mount as even the tiniest vibrations are picked up with a better mic, the pop filter is soften the hard P sounds)

2 x Elgato Key Light Airs

Most is repurposed from my photography hobby so only real cost was time getting everything set up on my desk
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

15 year old creative speakers
          logitech somthingorother webcam
          30+ year old anglepoise desklamp.

I mean, it's what i can do that matters FFS.

Geez.
          millenials.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            15 year old creative speakers
            logitech somthingorother webcam
            30+ year old anglepoise desklamp.

I mean, it's what i can do that matters FFS.

Geez.
            millenials.
            I’m a contractor, it’s all style over substance

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I’m a web developer, it’s all style over substance
              FTFY.

oh, and it's all fur coat and nae knickers, like Embra folk.

Comment

Originally posted by velcro View Post
                Update on this:
                The Lume Cube light is really good, I'd recommend it. Overall the changes I've made so far to the lighting in the room definitely make a massive difference.
                The webcam (Logitech Streamcam) arrived today and I had it working in five minutes. The picture is great, even when turning it down to 720p. When in 1080p mode I think it's better still, but to be honest it's small degrees so hard to tell. The Logitech Capture software is easy to use and gives a lot of options.
                I haven't bothered with a microphone as I'll see how I get on with using the Logitech's built in dual microphones.

So, the best change I've made was the lighting. The most expensive change was the webcam, but if it helps me get a new gig, then it'll be worth it.

Oh, and I can recommend an Iiyama 27" Quad HD monitor too!
                So I bought the Lume cube Panel Mini and I’m pretty disappointed - I bought the wrong light.

It doesn’t really cut the mustard lighting up a dark image. Probably better used on a DSLR.

Ah well, back to the drawing board.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

WFH Web meeting kit

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  FTFY.
                  [emoji3]

oh, and it's all fur coat and nae knickers, like Embra folk.
                  How very dare you, I don’t muddy my hands like a common code monkey!
                  Last edited by SimonMac; 9 October 2020, 19:27.

Comment

How very dare you, I don’t muddy my hands like a code monkey!
                    ah, a Powerpoint Monkey/Bullsh1t Artist/some sort of manager then, sorry.
                    i meant no insult, - honest. big boys done it and ran away.

Comment

More times than not, an improvement in lighting will be much better than just a camera upgrade
                      If you are upgrading your camera, think about some proper studio lighting and turn off the strobing LED home lights.

Continuous Lighting Kits | Video & Film Lighting | EssentialPhoto
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X