• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WFH Web meeting kit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WFH Web meeting kit

Seeing as I'm now spending many hours a week working from home in Teams, Zoom or Skype meetings, I was thinking of pimping my web meeting kit - something that I can plug into either laptop.
    The lighting is pretty poor is in here, so I've either got the option of dim daylight or shiny reflections coming off my forehead with the light on... With winter approaching this will only get worse....
    Is there a natty combined lighting (ring type?) / webcam / microphone / speaker set up on the market which would only take up one USB port?
    Any recommendations?

No.3 on the list may work for you?

Best webcams 2020: top picks for working from home | TechRadar

Comment

Yes, that's the sort of thing... Thank you

Comment

I've got the logitec C920 and I get black lines due to the Led G10s I've got. I've ma aged to changed the refresh to 60hz which wasn't straightforward but it's not much better.
        Can't believe they are selling kit that struggles with Led lighting. Really disappointed with it as it wasnt cheap either.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Checking through the reviews the C920 is still getting picked as best of the best. It should be able to work with a simple light reasonably effortlessly...
          The Razer Kiyo with built in light looks like the right bit of kit for me. I'll read up on the options - and of course, see how much I can spend

Comment

More times than not, an improvement in lighting will be much better than just a camera upgrade
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              More times than not, an improvement in lighting will be much better than just a camera upgrade
              Excellent point!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                ^^ This.

Try it out. The difference is amazing. Even with a laptop's webcam.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I've got the logitec C920 and I get black lines due to the Led G10s I've got. I've ma aged to changed the refresh to 60hz which wasn't straightforward but it's not much better.
                  Can't believe they are selling kit that struggles with Led lighting. Really disappointed with it as it wasnt cheap either.
                  Have you upgraded to the "Logitech Capture" software?

It's a bit resource heavy, but it has a number of excellent features that the stock software doesn't.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Excellent point!
                    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    ^^ This.

Try it out. The difference is amazing. Even with a laptop's webcam.
                    Being a part time photographer I use my backup DSLR and a lighting rig as my web cam, excellent image quality but then I realised I look like a yeti as I've not had a haircut or trimmed by beard in 7 months so thought why try polishing a turd
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X