• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommend a webcam for main PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommend a webcam for main PC

Hey all

I haven't used a webcam on my desktop for 10+ years but I figured I'd get one now that we're doing so many more Zoom type calls.

There are hundreds of models out there so I wouldn't know where to start. I just need to make sure it has a built in mic and video quality is good. see they are typically around £20/£30 but I don't mind spending a lot more for a better product.

Can anyone recommend one?

tried a search? there was a thread by ladymuck, i think, on just this topic, a week or so ago.

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eting-kit.html

I asked about a slightly different thing but the thread above has good recommendations

Comment

Logitech C922 Pro Stream - this one seems to be the one then. Based purely on a 2 minute read up of course!

EDIT: but of course it's out of stock everywhere
        Last edited by ChimpMaster; 19 September 2020, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Logitech C922 Pro Stream - this one seems to be the one then. Based purely on a 2 minute read up of course!
          I have the C920 Pro - very happy with it.

Comment

They're all much of a muchness. You get what you pay for.
            More expensive ones will be 4K. Some will have microphones built in. Some will have optical zoom rather than digital.
            If it's just one ugly mug sat in from of a PC then the £20 ones are fine.

I got one of these at teh beginning of lockdown as it was all there was in stock.
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/PAPALOOK-PA...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It's very good. Too good in fact.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Logitech C525 here.
              had it for a couple of years, it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I bought the same early in lockdown. Had to pay about 40% over the going rate at the time as there was such a shortage of webcams then.

Pretty decent bit of kit though.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Arrived today, plugged into 4 different Windows 10 systems and a Linux one. Doesn't work, no lights nothing. POS...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Arrived today, plugged into 4 different Windows 10 systems and a Linux one. Doesn't work, no lights nothing. POS...
                    In which case the camera is broken
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X