• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IFTTT charging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT charging

Got an email out of the blue saying they are drastically restricting the free version as a new paid model comes in. If you have more than 3 custom applets, you need to pay.

They're offering a "set your own price" FYI in case you'd not seen (suggested 9.99pcm, minimum 1.99), but I'm trying to figure out if we can set up a family account since the wife and I have without realising both set up duplicate applets.

Anyway I assume many people here use the tool so somewhat a PSA. Anyone looked into the newer features yet?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken them so long to charge

I don't actually use them for obvious reasons Power Automate is my preferred choice.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Reddit is seething with "boycott IFTTT" / "killed by greed" posts. I'd love it to be free too but to suggest a company is greedy for charging for their product... jeez. How DID they make any cash before, at all?

Main issue is while the fundamental idea is great and is well recognised, the product is a bit shoddy in many ways. Lots of long-standing issues that never get addressed. Paying for two accounts for one household, blegh.

9.99 is a crazy price but jumping in at a lower level and seeing what they do might be worthwhile. Although the backlash they're getting, who knows if they might change it.
      Last edited by d000hg; 28 September 2020, 08:55.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken them so long to charge

I don't actually use them for obvious reasons Power Automate is my preferred choice.
        Never heard of it, is it a good like-for-like replacement? I saw a few people mention "Stringify" but I thought I saw reference that it was dead or something.

Main issue is I want something with a wide range of integrations which was where IFTTT shone, it seems to work with everything!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Never heard of it, is it a good like-for-like replacement? I saw a few people mention "Stringify" but I thought I saw reference that it was dead or something.

Main issue is I want something with a wide range of integrations which was where IFTTT shone, it seems to work with everything!
          Power Automate is the Microsoft product formerly known as Flow.

I'm an MS house for obvious reasons (I make my living from MS's Power Platform and MS allow me to pull tricks they won't let anyone else try).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I assume they support non-Windows phones unless you're still rocking the Lumia 1020 Sounds like probably not for me though.

Stringify died a year or so back... maybe leaving IFTTT as the only player able to do as they wish

Comment

Signed up for Pro at 2 bucks a month, to see what all these new features are like.

Comment

Working...
              X