• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No code programming (end of programmers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty impressed when I tried Blockly although complex logic is still complex logic even if you do not have to worry about syntax.

IFTTT obviously brings very simple non-code programming to the masses and that's perhaps the level this works well at.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No code is mentioned by people that don't know how to code.

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
        No code is mentioned by people that don't know how to code.
        Well done, you've spotted the core feature.

Comment

I think they'll find, if they use it to a sufficiently complex degree, it's NoCode as in NoSQL. i.e. not only code.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Who writes the code for the applications for people who can't code?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Erm ...

From Essays to Coding, This New A.I. Can Write Anything

AtW has probably already done a DOOMED thread for this in general.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                People who can.

Comment

you programmers may laugh, but software defined networking has removed most of the skill from networking and made it all about learning the vendors platform.
                  Just try finding a proper routing table in Azure.

This may grow arms and legs and replace a lot of mainstream programming work.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    you programmers may laugh, but software defined networking has removed most of the skill from networking and made it all about learning the vendors platform.

It already has. The current project I'm working on is taking days to write what until recently would be months if not years of work.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

networking is a defined process that hardly changes, you cant get code to write new business logic

Comment

Working...
                      X