• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No code programming (end of programmers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    you programmers may laugh, but software defined networking has removed most of the skill from networking and made it all about learning the vendors platform.
    **Just try finding a proper routing table in Azure.**

This may grow arms and legs and replace a lot of mainstream programming work.
    Uhm, you mean the "Routing Table" that you need to create to do, well, most things involving firewalls and site to site?

Comment

I've used a development platform that involves both code, and visual elements you can plumb together to model flow and so on. Actually pretty neat though it is so niche it doesn't save anyone any time as nobody knows how it works.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Uhm, you mean the "Routing Table" that you need to create to do, well, most things involving firewalls and site to site?
        that's not a proper routing table though.

This is...
        Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
        0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.254 192.168.0.88 25
        10.125.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.88 25

Try doing global vnet peering, where the VNET in Japan has a gateway subnet, and the VNET in the UK also has a gateway subnet. You can peer them but if you think you can route to your UK data centre from the Japan VNET via the UK gateway forget it. Cos the routing doesn't allow you to do that. Japan VNET objects will use the Japan VNET gateway only.

And don't get me started on service endpoints...

I mean it's all nice, and makes it easier, but if you know how to build a global WAN with Cisco routers, you need to rethink your approach when using software defined networking.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X