• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Philips Hue lamp bulbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue lamp bulbs

Just getting into the Philips Hue ecosystem and have a decent setup with the LED strips.

Want to get table lamps where I can add Hue bulbs - is there anything in particular I should look out for to ensure compatibility with the Hue bulbs?

Specifically, want to be able to remotely control the lamps even when the light is not on.
    If lamp is plugged in and the light is set to off, will I still be able to control the Hue bulbs?

thanks

So you are asking if there is no power to the bulb can you turn it on remotely?????
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So you are asking if there is no power to the bulb can you turn it on remotely?????
      This made me chuckle, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
        Just getting into the Philips Hue ecosystem and have a decent setup with the LED strips.

Want to get table lamps where I can add Hue bulbs - is there anything in particular I should look out for to ensure compatibility with the Hue bulbs?

Specifically, want to be able to remotely control the lamps even when the light is not on.
        If lamp is plugged in and the light is set to off, will I still be able to control the Hue bulbs?

thanks
        Remember prime day - fill your boots

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

thanks
          The lamp has to have power applied to it.

Hue is far too expensive. Best Philips Hue Alternatives in 2020 | Android Central

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Remember prime day - fill your boots

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            I know it's you posting before I even check the name of the poster. It must be a gift.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X