• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New laptop battery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laptop battery

Where do you guys an gals get replacement laptop batteries? There seems to be a ton of cheap chinese replacements that seem to last about 5 minutes.

I need a battery I can rely on, so who sells the best replacements with proper Japanese or Korean cells from well known manufacturers?

It's for an ASUS laptop. I don't think ASUS make it any more so can't buy one from them.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

UPS Batteries, Yuasa Car and Motorcycle Batteries - Free Delivery. | MDS Battery

I've used them on and off for 20 years. But not in the last 5.

EDIT: although it looks like they don't do laptops any more. Probably got undercut by cheap Chinese rip-offs
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hopefully this is of some use.

Having gone through the pain of a few trashy Chinese rip-off's. I can recommend the following company for replacement laptop batteries.

This company buy them from China, BUT the actual 18650 cells originate from either Japan or Korea.

After 4 months of daily usage they are actually exceeding all expectations!

https://www.laptopsandspares.com/info/contact.html

My trusty old Lenovo T420 now has up to 8 hours on battery, two more hours than the original batteries when new in 1755!!
      Last edited by Hugh Jardon; 20 February 2021, 21:43.
      “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Working...
      X