• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix for Lockdown #2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Anyone shared with someone not living at same location?

Do they bother about that or is it like NowTV where you can have multiple active devices and watch any 2 (or 3 if pay the extra monthly fee for 'boost') regardless of their location. i.e. not restricted to same ip address/network ID or whatever they deem is the same location.

I cancelled my Netflix earlier in the year after watching all that was of interest and waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul (likely out next year), but my brother is interested in trying Netflix so if we share then I'm less bothered about paying a few quid a month even though £5.99 for basic package isn't much. Just feels better splitting it, which we do with NowTV movies and entertainment (and sport passes when worth using).
    I shared with my dad, who lives in Switzerland half the year. And he shared with his pals in Switzerland.
    I also share with a pal.
    I didn't notice till the subscription went up to the full whack.

IMO it's the best value TV out there. Better than Amazon. Although I do have Amazon anyway for the prime deliveries.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I've got a two device subscription, which is shared with my son who lives in the next town along. I've never had any trouble signing in in other locations either.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I've got a two device subscription, which is shared with my son who lives in the next town along. I've never had any trouble signing in in other locations either.
        "Beware – sharing with someone who lives elsewhere is technically forbidden
        It's fine to share your plan with the people you live with, but Netflix's terms of use say that "the Netflix service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household".

"In 2016 Netflix said it wasn't "obsessed" with enforcing the no-sharing-outside-the-household rule, but it is technically against its rules. We've asked Netflix where it now stands on this but unfortunately it hasn't given us a clear answer – we'll update this guide if and when we get one."

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I know people who do, within the UK. When I or the wife have travelled we do this for a few days.

I would be circumspect about simultaneously using it in different countries though it seems they don't check currently.
          It used to be you'd go abroad and suddenly you'd get Netflix content in that country which was pretty fun. Now they give you some sort of 'holiday' where it keeps your normal location.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            "Beware – sharing with someone who lives elsewhere is technically forbidden
            It's fine to share your plan with the people you live with, but Netflix's terms of use say that "the Netflix service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household".

"In 2016 Netflix said it wasn't "obsessed" with enforcing the no-sharing-outside-the-household rule, but it is technically against its rules. We've asked Netflix where it now stands on this but unfortunately it hasn't given us a clear answer – we'll update this guide if and when we get one."
            Distributed household.

qh
            Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It used to be you'd go abroad and suddenly you'd get Netflix content in that country which was pretty fun. Now they give you some sort of 'holiday' where it keeps your normal location.
            That wasn't the case in July when I visited the UK. Or use a VPN.

Comment

We have one account used in both the UK and Spain
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My daughter, who lives in Sydney, has been using my UK based account for 2 years and it has never been an issue (Netflix Premium).
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Depends on VPN

When abroad I need different ones for

Sky, BBC , prime , Netflix etc never found one that’s works with all yet

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    That wasn't the case in July when I visited the UK. Or use a VPN.
                    It was when we visited Finland, maybe 3 years back. It sticks in my head because we got some sort of message informing us we would still get UK content, which was not how it had worked on previous trips.

Do you get VPNs to work? I have one but it almost always gets detected, in fact I've never had any success using one for this purpose.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I use Vypr. C4 ondemand won't do it. BBC iPlayer can be made to work if you clear the cache. But Netflix I've had no issue watching UK or US content from here.

Comment

Working...
                      X