• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix for Lockdown #2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queens Gambit - great film!!

I loved this series. Watched it a couple of weeks back... it re-kindled my love of chess (I used to play at club level some years ago).... now I find I am coding my own (bitboard based) chess engine from scratch, something I always wanted to do.... rarely has a film had such an effect on me!

Comment

FOG.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Queens Gambit great.
        Sex education rubbish.
        Stranger things okay.
        The Stranger one of the best programs I have ever seen.
        Currently on top of the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          +1 for midnight diner
          Annoyingly, Nettulipz seems to have lost my progress on this series so I'm not sure how far through I am.

Comment

I am currently torn about whether I'm.enjoying or enduring The Duchess at the moment. Only 3 episodes in so far.

Comment

I am currently torn about whether I'm.enjoying or enduring The Duchess at the moment. Only 3 episodes in so far.
              Got about 10 minutes into the first episode. I'm just don't like comedy based on vulgarity. I guess it's not her style. But I loved her take down of the mum in that opening bit.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Given what's happened to a certain "nuclear scientist" recently I though this coming up in my recommended Netflix list was good timing

Fauda (TV Series 2015– ) - Fauda (TV Series 2015– ) - User Reviews - IMDb

Reviews seem to be either end of the spectrum so unsure whether to give it a go. Made by the same Israeli company that does Tehran ( Apple series) which is ok.

Anyone watched it?

Comment

There's only one 'duchess' worth watching and it isn't that one.

It (Archer) is also available on Netflix so all's not lost.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

just started The Man in High Tower.
                    I normally avoid alternative history programmes, but this is based on a Philip K. Dick book so I started and am enjoying it.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      just started The Man in High Castle.
                      I normally avoid alternative history programmes, but this is based on a Philip K. Dick book so I started and am enjoying it.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X