Netflix for Lockdown #2 Netflix for Lockdown #2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32

Super poster

Default Netflix for Lockdown #2

In the lockdown 001 I upgraded my telly box just so I could get Disney+ which was great as the Mandalorian has been very good, especially the opening episode of Season 2.

So, for this lockdown I am looking at Netflix, as I like the look of Queen's Gambit and I've never even seen Stranger Things.

What are the costs, anyone have any promotion codes, etc?

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Permie Swiss (pending)

Watching the Queen's Gambit at the moment. It's very good - we may even get our chessboard out and start playing again. Just watched Enola Holmes - also highly enjoyable.

For family fare, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Klaus, The Willoughbies and Green Eggs and Ham are great. There's plenty of more adult orientated stuff as well if you like thrillers, horrow, weird stuff...

One month trial period, which then switches to the middle offering.

£5.99 per month The cheapest membership allows subscribers to watch on one device at a time in standard definition
    £8.99 per month Standard subscription – Viewers can watch in HD and on two devices at a time.
    £11.99 a month Premium subscription – Viewers can watch in Ultra HD where available, on four devices at a time.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Super poster

Thanks.

I actually saw a trailer for The Battered Bastards of Baseball which looked interesting.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

More time posting than coding

The Queen's Gambit was a good series, there's a few on there. HDR is worth the UHD fee, it's only a few quid.

Super poster

Sex Education
    Ozark
    The Kominsky Method
    Midnight Diner
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

More fingers than teeth

+1 for midnight diner

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Permie Swiss (pending)

All four seasons of the Good Place. Consistently high quality - except possibly the last episode.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Still gathering requirements...

Fargo, the series, is well worth a watch. They're not connected to the film or each other (just the same location), so you can watch them independantly. Series 1 was good, but series 2 was even better. We're halfway through series 3 now.

Super poster

Anyone shared with someone not living at same location?

Do they bother about that or is it like NowTV where you can have multiple active devices and watch any 2 (or 3 if pay the extra monthly fee for 'boost') regardless of their location. i.e. not restricted to same ip address/network ID or whatever they deem is the same location.

I cancelled my Netflix earlier in the year after watching all that was of interest and waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul (likely out next year), but my brother is interested in trying Netflix so if we share then I'm less bothered about paying a few quid a month even though £5.99 for basic package isn't much. Just feels better splitting it, which we do with NowTV movies and entertainment (and sport passes when worth using).
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.