Monitor suggestions Monitor suggestions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

My post count is Majestic

144Hrz at 4k requires HDMI 2.1 (new 3000 series from NVIDIA and 6000 series from AMD) or dual DisplayPort 1.4 connections (which got nasty side effects of losing GSYNC).

120 Hrz is ok on DisplayPort 1.4 tho

Whichever monitor it's highly recommended to make sure it supports either FreeSync of GSYNC, best to have it GSYNC compatible - I personally find it is better even in 2D operations, even though this just might be effect of high refresh rate.

TykeLike

What did you go for in the end Dave?

The Dell U2520D seems destined to be the kids monitor now so I’m looking at the BenQ EX3501R for me now
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    What did you go for in the end Dave?

The Dell U2520D seems destined to be the kids monitor now so I’m looking at the BenQ EX3501R for me now
    Went for the LG27UL850 - 27" UHD 4K in the end. Nothing else came up with a better spec for the money. Had it a few weeks and very pleased with it. It's not doing any heavy lifting in terms of pushing the screen quality etc, it's second monitor for keeping a browser / email / reference docs etc open while I work on the mainscreen.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Went for the LG27UL850 - 27" UHD 4K in the end. Nothing else came up with a better spec for the money. Had it a few weeks and very pleased with it. It's not doing any heavy lifting in terms of pushing the screen quality etc, it's second monitor for keeping a browser / email / reference docs etc open while I work on the mainscreen.
    How's the text size at 4k on a 27" panel? Need binoculars or the best eyesight in the world, or increase default font size so the 4k is only really beneficial for images and graphics?

I have a 24" QHD (2560x1440) as a cheap non-gaming monitor after seeing it on offer for £125 via Hotukdeals and not sure I could live with something with significantly smaller pixels.

Also have a 40" 4k monitor which at times feels a bit overkill when not using the full screen space available, couldn't imagine shrinking that down to 27" with my eyesight getting well into old fogie needs reading glasses stage.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Nice But Dim

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    How's the text size at 4k on a 27" panel? Need binoculars or the best eyesight in the world, or increase default font size so the 4k is only really beneficial for images and graphics?

I have a 24" QHD (2560x1440) as a cheap non-gaming monitor after seeing it on offer for £125 via Hotukdeals and not sure I could live with something with significantly smaller pixels.

Also have a 40" 4k monitor which at times feels a bit overkill when not using the full screen space available, couldn't imagine shrinking that down to 27" with my eyesight getting well into old fogie needs reading glasses stage.
    It's been fine. Only thing I needed to do was fiddle with the brightness / contrast balance to get it how I like it. Text is perfectly readable at standard font sizes without having to get too close etc. and I need glasses for anything more than foot away these days.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.