• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wordpress plays audio but not the video

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wordpress plays audio but not the video

As the title really.

My brother's band do a silly 'Elf Yourself' video each year and I'm having trouble getting it to play properly.

I've uploaded the file and notice that on playing there's just audio and no video. This happens when both added as a video block or when viewing it in the media storage area. It's an MP4 file and is 13MB with decent res.

Some Googling suggests that only people with a paid Wordpress license can upload and display video directly, with everyone else needing to use the likes of Vimeo/YouTube and embed instead. If that's the case, that's fine, but I wanted to check first before I tell my brother to put this on his band's YouTube site.

Previously I'm sure they used to do a mix of YouTube embedding and direct uploading but, as the band had a bit of a split earlier in the year, the chap who used to do this is no longer around so I don't know what they did to make it work.

Fanks!

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    As the title really.

My brother's band do a silly 'Elf Yourself' video each year and I'm having trouble getting it to play properly.

I've uploaded the file and notice that on playing there's just audio and no video. This happens when both added as a video block or when viewing it in the media storage area. It's an MP4 file and is 13MB with decent res.

Some Googling suggests that only people with a paid Wordpress license can upload and display video directly, with everyone else needing to use the likes of Vimeo/YouTube and embed instead. If that's the case, that's fine, but I wanted to check first before I tell my brother to put this on his band's YouTube site.

Previously I'm sure they used to do a mix of YouTube embedding and direct uploading but, as the band had a bit of a split earlier in the year, the chap who used to do this is no longer around so I don't know what they did to make it work.

Fanks!
    Is this wordpress.com or self hosted wordpress?

If its self hosted look for plugin conflicts.
    Send me a list of plugins if you like and I can have a look for obvious issues from here. I can sort this today for you.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      Is this wordpress.com or self hosted wordpress?

If its self hosted look for plugin conflicts.
      Send me a list of plugins if you like and I can have a look for obvious issues from here. I can sort this today for you.
      PS if you can send the site config too that would be great!
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Don't worry, told him to use YouTube.

The only plug in is for a contact form. Maybe it's the theme, which would be ironic as it's supposed to be for musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Don't worry, told him to use YouTube.

The only plug in is for a contact form. Maybe it's the theme, which would be ironic as it's supposed to be for musicians.
          Could be the theme but plugins is the first place I would look
          PS: are you sure the form is the only plugin. No security plugins or anything like that? Sounds very flimsy to me.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Working...
          X