• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GPRS tunneling protocol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPRS tunneling protocol

Just a shot in the dark, but does anyone know what sort of network miss-configuration can cause ethereal to see occasional GPRS tunneling protocol packets wandering between a windows 2000 pro and windows 2000 server?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

or is Ethereal getting it wrong and misinterpreting it?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Yeah, I'm guessing they are just malformed packets that ethereal interprets a certain way. Gives you a bit of a WTF moment though...

Guessing there's a particular failure of a network device somewhere. Things being what they are would imagine others have had a similar fault and seen a similar symptom, so could tell me "Device X manufactured by Company Y has had Z inserted sideways" etc. etc.

Comment

Latest run is giving up a good few "SoulSeek" packets, bizarre...

Comment

Ethereal will be picking them up as that based on the port number being used, so either it's a valid tunnel maybe sending hellos (If it's at regular intervals, 60s I believe) or something else you got running using the GPRS port number (Version 0 was UDP 3386, version 1 is configurable & can use TCP).

Doubt it's what you're actually seeing, since it a protocol defined for mobiles basically, and that port is used for signalling. Ethereal is just reporting what's it's got in it's reference file for that port, and it's officially for GPRS.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
          X