• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Digital Imaging Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Imaging Question

I have been taking digital photographs for the last few years and have hundreds of images stored on my PC.

What I want to be able to do is make one of those posters that when viewed from a distance looks like a normal photograph but when you get close up you realise it is actually made up of numerous smaller photographs.

If you see what I mean.

I don't even know what the technique is called and haven't been able to find any information on it using Google. Does anyone know how to do this or even what I should be searching for to find the appropriate information?

Sounds like a "montage" or "photomontage" to me.

I expect you could use something like Paintshop Pro or Photoshop to do something like that - it's not a difficult thing to do.

Comment

Photomontage - spot on.

Cheers!

<edited>

Specifically ArcSoft Photomontage but unfortunately I can't find a cracked version...

Comment

Re: Montage

www.kirchgessner.net/photo-mosaic.html

Comment

Working...
        X