• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

asp.net registration in iis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asp.net registration in iis

I had asp.net working within visual studio.net fine on one machine, but when I install on another I am getting an error which is, quite frankly annoying me:

If within VS, I do File->New->Project, then select 'ASP.Net Web Application, I get the error:

VS.Net has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.Net Version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.Net web applications or services.

It seems IIS does not know about .net, so I run "c:WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis -i", which according to the documentation, should register .net with IIS. This runs OK but I still get the same error from within VS. Tried uninstalls of IIS, .Net framework and VS.net, but to no avail.

Searching other BB's for this error just tells me to run aspnet_regiis, but this does not seem to fix the problem. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I am running WinXP Pro, .Net Framework 1.1.4322, Microsoft Dev Env 7.1.3088 and IIS v5.1.

Thanks in advance.

check that you have debugging priviledges - give admin rights to be sure - revise that later if it works!

Comment

Working...
    X