• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TOAD question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOAD question

Hi i'm a software tester and have been using TOAD to do queries on databases for months now.

I was wondering if there is a setting in toad that recognises what table or column name you are writing and pops up with a list for you to choose from as you type bit like a auto complete function.

It is TOAD version 6.5 not sure if this is a recent version. I have also used PL/SQL developer and when writing a query in it auto completes the name for you.

yes

...but I´m afraid I didn´t realise there was a setting for it. Toad 6.5 sounds old to me, download the newer version.

Comment

6.5 is ancient.

Yes toad does autocomplete - but personally I find that a bit of a pain.

Comment

I think it is a corporate licence so it can't be downloaded for a new version.

Oh well never mind thanks for all you advice.
        Just out of interest what is the latest version out there and how do you set toad up to auto complete if i could get hold of it

Comment

Working...
        X