• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Router Set-up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re: bottleneck

anything really - 386 upwards.

Comment

I use a Connexant 4 port

www.dabs.com/products/pro...klinx=17P8

£59 inc VAT

Its super lovely.

www.adslguide.org.uk/

Good place for networking advice.

Comment

Yes, this is our first choice (ADSL) router too. Unfortunately, we don't sell them ourselves.

Note that it doesn't suite everyone - online gamers would hate it, for instance. However, I think the latest firmware (probably included) resolves most of those issues too.

In other words, check it can do all you want it to do before buying.

Manufacturers Website

It's perfect for SME use. I've had one for well over a year and it has functioned perfectly throughout.

It has a very neat trick. You can use straight or cross over cables in any port and it doesn't give a rats backside. It simply negotiates whatever is plugged in there!

Comment

Working...
        X