• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net Question

I am experienced with VB and have just started looking at .Net.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how with .Net I would share information between 2 separate processes in manner similar to using an ActiveX Exe which I could use in VB6.

I am looking at migrating an existing application to .Net which has an ActiveX Exe comprising a complex object model. Three separate processes access this server using COM.

I do not want to access the server using COM interop.

TIA

.Net Question

exposure as a web service?

Comment

.NET Remoting

or .NET remoting which is more efficient.

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,29563,00.html

Comment

Re: .NET Remoting

we just reference web service DLLs in Visual Studio project - it can be Web (URL) reference as well, but I am not sure that thsi would be anything different from SOAP call.

Comment

well

assuming you simply want to expose the COM server so that it could be referenced and consumed by .NET clients , you can generate a Runtime Callable wrapper using tblasm .

If you are using Visual Studio .NEt , all this is abstracted for you and you merely add a reference to the COM server when you are writing a .NET client and it hides the implementation details for you..

This is an excellent article that may of help :

www.dotnetjunkies.com/dot...67232170x/

Comment

sorry a typo

I meant tblimp.exe

Comment

re: try this

download J2EE

Comment

Re: re: try this

there are far too many Indian enginners with J2EE skills -- .NET at the moment is underrepresented which is an opportunity for next 2-3 years. Soon Sun will be bought out by IBM and we already know what happens to IBM when its fighting with Microsoft :lol

Comment

Working...
                X