• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Office & Sql Server prices eek!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    i hear what you say, but to me its like using txt-spk, or jargonising something that is simple.
    I know, i hate txt speak but think SQL Server in its various flavours is exempt.

Comment

My Client Co uses XP, Office 2003, and Studio 6 and 2005.

Microsoft give you 2003 Server, 2008 Server, Vista Business and Ultimate (32 & 64 bit versions of all), Office 2007, and Studio 2008, Expression Studio

So I've also bought a couple of OEM Office 2003 & XP Licences off ebay, plus boxes of Studio 6 and 2005 (which are getting hard to come by these days).

the pack does include SQL server 2005 and 2008 (well thats what I've had over the last year)
      Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 4 April 2009, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
        My Client Co uses XP, Office 2003, and Studio 6 and 2005.

Microsoft give you 2003 Server, 2008 Server, Vista Business and Ultimate (32 & 64 bit versions of all), Office 2007, and Studio 2008, Expression Studio

So I've also bought a couple of OEM Office 2003 & XP Licences off ebay, plus boxes of Studio 6 and 2005 (which are getting hard to come by these days).

the pack does include SQL server 2005 and 2008 (well thats what I've had over the last year)
        2005 was removed earlier this year...
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Have you considered Oracle XE or even MySQL?

Comment

Originally posted by jkoder View Post
            Have you considered Oracle XE or even MySQL?
            The customers use MSSQL and if Oracle is used they use 10g so I would need the full version. To be honest whenever I've used Oracle on a box in the past it tends to use masses of resources so I stay clear.
            When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Comment

Working...
            X