• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two versions of MySQL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two versions of MySQL

Does anybody know if it's possible to install MySQL 5 on a Windows 2003 server without it buggering up the existing My SQL 4 system?

Obviously one would have to use a different TCP/IP port than the default, but I have a feeling both will try to use the same service name.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I am pretty sure that I have had both running OK on the same XP box, I seem to remember that you can change the service name on install.

Comment

Looks like you're right: the v5 install does let you set a different service name. I now have both running independenlty on my laptop, so it should work. Time to cross my fingers and try it on the real server.

Thanks.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X