• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Kindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Kindle

Have any of the esteemed forum members purchased one of the current models?
    What's been your experience so far?
    Coffee's for closers

*still waiting on his*

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Have any of the esteemed forum members purchased one of the current models?
      What's been your experience so far?
      Nope, very, very tempted though because at that price it'd be rude not to get one and the reviews i've seen all look pretty favourable.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Nope, very, very tempted though because at that price it'd be rude not to get one and the reviews i've seen all look pretty favourable.
        The price is indeed very good.. £150 for the 3g one and it means I can take my books with me. However it looks like there are still some gaps. The Microsoft books don't seem to have made it on to kindle yet.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm tempted too. The other main contender (with free books, I forget the name) sounds to be much less mature and I'd rather buy books that are properly formatted than have free scanned PDFs.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is there a "format war" of sorts between amazon and sony or is that irrelevant. Quite keen for a kindle too, just not if it is going to go the way of the betamax video machine.

Comment

Mine's on order.

As well as the Kindle bookshop it supports MOBI and PRC amongst others, and with Stanza on my lappy I can convert non-DRM books I already own into those formats quite easily.

So reasonably future-proof. Along with the Gutenburg collection I've enough to be getting on with
              Gronda Gronda

Comment

Mines due to be shipped around the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                  Mines due to be shipped around the 23rd.
                  Looking through my vast stack of tech books the other night to start the missus on learning HTML and realised i've still got the .NET controls book I 'borrowed' off you last contract.

Giz a shout when you get it and i'll gift you a book of your choice (terms and conditions apply etc).

Going to order a Kindle today myself as currently using various iPhone books crammed with bookmarks and post-its and reckon an eReader would be better as AFAIK you can add notes and bookmarks electronically.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                    Looking through my vast stack of tech books the other night to start the missus on learning HTML and realised i've still got the .NET controls book I 'borrowed' off you last contract.

Giz a shout when you get it and i'll gift you a book of your choice (terms and conditions apply etc).

Going to order a Kindle today myself as currently using various iPhone books crammed with bookmarks and post-its and reckon an eReader would be better as AFAIK you can add notes and bookmarks electronically.
                    Nice one Durbs! What did you do with the fifty pound notes I used for bookmarks?

Comment

Working...
                    X