• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Answering Incoming Call on Android Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answering Incoming Call on Android Phone

Anyone here know any ways to answer incoming calls on an HTC Desire other than swiping the screen? The problem I have is that the swiping method often requires several attempts by which time the call has gone to voicemail.

Press the phone button

..the one you press to make a call.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Anyone here know any ways to answer incoming calls on an HTC Desire other than swiping the screen? The problem I have is that the swiping method often requires several attempts by which time the call has gone to voicemail.
      There should be an answer button when the incoming call is made which requires supressing.

Which version of Android are you using? I know I had problems answering calls on the crap LG GW620 phone (which only had Android 1.6 installed), but Android 2.1 and above should have fixed that problem.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
        ..the one you press to make a call.
        That control isn't active when the call comes in. The only option appears to be to swipe the screen as you are prompted to.
        Last edited by wurzel; 17 October 2010, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          There should be an answer button when the incoming call is made which requires supressing.

Which version of Android are you using? I know I had problems answering calls on the crap LG GW620 phone (which only had Android 1.6 installed), but Android 2.1 and above should have fixed that problem.
          2.1 here

Comment

"Cor, wossat?"
            "It's my new Android Phone"
            "Kewl! Wossit do?"
            "It's great. You can download apps and play video and navigation ans scheduling and all sorts of tulip."
            "Brill! Can you use it as a phone too?"
            "Err... only outgoing calls. I think."

Some 'phone'!

Link:
            Android phones have become popular because unlike most other phones, which have very strict rules regarding access, they are easy to manipulate, even by a consumer who is not very tech savvy.
            Oh, how embarassing!

(Can you download an app to answer the call for you while it diverts the call to a landline...? )
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

(Can you download an app to answer the call for you while it diverts the call to a landline...? )
              No but you can download an app that lets you anwer a call by shaking the handset apparently. There is no physical button on the handset that you can press to answer a call. The only way to answer a call is to swipe the screen in a downwards motion & if your fingers are slightly moist (for whatever reason) this doesn't always work & you get a missed call. Frustrating.

Comment

No but you can download an app that lets you anwer a call by shaking the handset apparently. There is no physical button on the handset that you can press to answer a call. The only way to answer a call is to swipe the screen in a downwards motion & if your fingers are slightly moist (for whatever reason) this doesn't always work & you get a missed call. Frustrating.
                On Android 2.2, you can answer the phone without swiping the phone up and down. There's an answer button that you press to answer the call.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  On Android 2.2, you can answer the phone without swiping the phone up and down. There's an answer button that you press to answer the call.
                  Only if the phone isn't locked.

If It's locked you have to swipe down as usual.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

buy a Nokia

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X