• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor interviewing a contractor .... Win 7 migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    Well well ... thanks for the quality tips. To my surprise the nominated lead architect from the faMSous vendor was totally out of his depth. Hadn't done anywhere near full lifecycle and technically wasn't at the races.

Wouldn't take him for 400 seat job, never mind 20,000 in financial services. The day rate made my eyes water especially on 18 months contract.

I've asked the septics to send another.
    Fair enough and you did what the client needed, identified the candidates suitability; in this case not at all suitable; which is every bit as valid a result.

Having reviewed quite a lot of 3rd party contracts for clients I agree on the eyes water comment, some of the rates/quotes are downright scary with extensive tie in and penalty clauses that can be a real bugger to get removed.

Comment

Working...
    X