• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Copy and Paste From Mainframe session without the black background?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy and Paste From Mainframe session without the black background?

I want to copy text from a mainframe session into an email but always get all the black background as well in the email which makes it difficult to read?....any idea how I can get the text only to capture and not the black background as well?
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
    I want to copy text from a mainframe session into an email but always get all the black background as well in the email which makes it difficult to read?....any idea how I can get the text only to capture and not the black background as well?
    Have you tried to copy the text and paste it into Notepad?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Yep! that does work but when your issuing 300+ passwords a day ideally I dont want to have to do that every time!...

Comment

What email client are you using?

If you're copying from a terminal window into a Windows application then clipboard fusion may be of help
        ClipboardFusion ~ Clipboard Text Scrubbing, Sharing Between Computers, Powerful Custom Macros and much more

Just read the replies... clipboard fusion will definitely help, it takes the formatting off text automatically.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Am C+P into two versions of Outlook, the older version of Outlook is ok (11.6359.6360 SP1) but the new version of Outlook (11.8206.8221 SP3) is the one that is taking the black background as well and users are having difficulty reading the password.

Comment

the other method, without having to install anything, is to set outlook to use plain text for emails by default.
            This will remove all formatting as if you were pasting into notepad
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              the other method, without having to install anything, is to set outlook to use plain text for emails by default.
              This will remove all formatting as if you were pasting into notepad
              Ah, how can I do that?...

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
                Ah, how can I do that?...
                tools -> options
                mail format tab
                compose new email as...
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ah OK I found it and yes that worked, ticking Plain Text and the Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages option has solved it...

Cheers people!

Comment

Or you could try a macro:

(In Outlook 12.0.6535, Outlook 2007)

Add a macro:
                    Sub NoFormatPaste()

Dim objDoc As Word.Document
                    Dim objSel As Word.Selection

On Error Resume Next

' get a Word.Selection from the open Outlook item

Set objDoc = Application.ActiveInspector.WordEditor
                    Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection

' now do what you want with the Selection

objSel.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteText

Set objDoc = Nothing
                    Set objSel = Nothing

End Sub

Add a reference to the Word library:
                    In the VBA window, select Tools | References, check the Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library

Add the macro to the ribbon:
                    With a New Message open, right-click on the toolbar and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
                    Drop down the "Choose commands from" list and select Macros. Add your macro to the Quick Access toolbar.
                    Select the macro and press Modify to change the button image and text.

Comment

Working...
                    X