• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISP Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISP Recommendations

Well Freedom2Surf has now gone and been taken over by talktalkbusiness so broadband access has completely gone down the toilet. I can't even download itunes app updates.

I've taken a look at the various isp reviews but no comapny really jumps out at me so thought I'd ask my illustrious CUKkers for your recs (previous thread on this are a bit old).

Is Zen still a good option? Has Be recovered from it's appalling launch?

I'm looking for a package where I don't have to worry about spotify/iPlayer usage and am looking at the next generation of media players streaming iPlayer.

Any suggestions?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

For quality of support: PlusNet

Their 10Gb £6.49 package won't be enough for you.

Me recommending them before in a thread with other suggestions.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 12 February 2011, 10:40.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I use BT Business broadband but the linespeed has dropped to < 2Mbps and the connection is dropping all the time since Christmas. I've had the service for several years but it has got progressively worse: the personal support has been Bangalorized, the line speed has fallen, the dropouts have increased.

I don't want to listen to Bob read his big long BT script so I've just moved to Be Pro package on the recommendation from several friends who have done the same.

BT reckon they will hand me the MAC number within 5 days - I am not holding my breath...

The industry is saturated with incompetence.

TalkTalk being a prime example and a definite no-no to have as your ISP.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Rats, forgot about this thread.

Ta Dickie.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

+1 for PlusNet

Comment

No complaints about Zen.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

ADSL24, I have the business package. 45Gb / month during peak hours, unlimited off-peak. Amazingly fast !

I'm currently downloading at a full 8Mbs

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                the personal support has been Bangalorized, the line speed has fallen, the dropouts have increased.
                I've been with Sky for years but never had to contact support until the other night as the router had started to play up and occasionaly drop the wireless connection to all devices and not be visible again until powered off and on.

Was expecting a long wait and then having to mess round with running through diagnostic steps with an offshore call centre then being fobbed off with being told to change the wireless channel or something.

Instead got instantly through to a pleasant UK chap, told him the score and I said its nothing I can replicate, is working fine at the moment but, believe me, somethings gone wrong with the thing. He just said no probs, new model router is winging its way to you at no charge (even though mine is way out of warranty). Whole call about 2 mins.

Wish all support was like that!

Comment

I'm using Aquiss atm, Sky have big things planned I hear so well worth a look!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    I'm using Aquiss atm, Sky have big things planned I hear so well worth a look!
                    Interesting Ardesco, Mr C is grumbling about the BT phone rental price-hike and thinking about Sky. I'll have a look...

Comment

Working...
                    X