• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New iPhone App specifically for IT Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does it compare to expensify?

Will there be a version for the market leading mobile OS?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I'd be interested in that too
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Yeah I'm going to wait for the Windows Mango version.

Comment

What do you do when HMRC refuse to accept photos of your receipts and want the real thing?

Comment

Funny how developers are still aiming at the iPhone whilst Android is galloping ahead.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Funny how developers are still aiming at the iPhone whilst Android is galloping ahead.
              Heard the Android market is well worth a punt if you are in the malware development business though.

Comment

How does it compare to expensify?

Not had chance to compare with Expensify as yet - have tried, but not received the account sign up email as yet, and yes indeed there are many expense and mileage apps, however a lot focus on personal expenditure (rather than business orientated expenses) and a lot focus mainly on US customers.

So in terms of Expensify I can't answer, all I'd say is try it - it's Free, so risk free and no account sign up or ongoing costs...
                Contractor Expenses - Link

All I'd add is that with Contractor Expenses I've focussed on keeping things simple and drastically reducing the data entry needed to track and produce your expense and mileage claims. So undoubtably they'll be features in other competing apps that aren't yet in the app including quite a few that I think are headline grabbers, but I'd question how many people use them.

The next key feature going into the app later this month is Hours/Time tracking - something I hope will appeal to a lot of contractors... so like I say, give it a go - it's Free, and if you don't like it / it doesn't work for you then I'd obviously be grateful of any constructive critiscm as to why.

An Android version is on the cards, but likely to be early next year now.
                .Net and iPhone developer - check out Contractor Expenses app @ www.ContractorExpensesApp.com

Comment

Does it work on a Psion 5?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X