• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

wireless all in one printer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all

I might have a drive over to staples at the weekend and see if I can pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Thanks all

I might have a drive over to staples at the weekend and see if I can pick one up.
      better phone up and check first, I have a feeling the £35 price tag was an effort to clear the stock!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        better phone up and check first, I have a feeling the £35 price tag was an effort to clear the stock!
        Does that one fulfill the "cheap refills" requirement?

I have been using Canon MX870 which is wireless, scans to PDF (over wireless), does duplex copying and printing printing, fax, media card readers, LCD display and most important of all has very cheap refills. The last one is my number one criteria when buying a printer nowadays.

Refills for a lot of the "cheap to buy" printers cost more than the printers themselves and they often come with starter or trial cartridges that aren't full capacity.

Anyway the Canon is highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
          Does that one fulfill the "cheap refills" requirement?

I have been using Canon MX870 which is wireless, scans to PDF (over wireless), does duplex copying and printing printing, fax, media card readers, LCD display and most important of all has very cheap refills. The last one is my number one criteria when buying a printer nowadays.

Refills for a lot of the "cheap to buy" printers cost more than the printers themselves and they often come with starter or trial cartridges that aren't full capacity.

Anyway the Canon is highly recommended.

depends how much you print, I think I print less than 5 sheets a month, bought this printer as it was cheaper than buying more cartridges for my old printer which was 3 years old and still on the originals.

looking on amazon there is a multipack for £15

Hewlett Packard HP 364 Ink Cartridge Combo-pack (SD534EE) Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I buy third party packs for the Canon e.g

5 Inks PGI 520 CLI 521 for Canon MP620 630 980 CHIP | eBay

That's around 8 quid delivered for 5 cartridges.

Comment

I bought HP e-All-in-One Printer for £60 from Costco.

Comment

I have a CANON MG6150, scan to pdf, copy, print, wireless. Very pleased with its performance.

Not uber cheap ink though.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

After a bit of looking around and read reviews I opted for a Canon MX885

It was that order a Brother, however the main swinger for me was that I can get a full set of compatible canon inks for about £13

It should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Kodak ESP 7. Don't know what the latest # is.

Fullfils requirements AFAIK and the ink is one of the cheapest outhere.

Edit. I see I'm too late. Must try harder next time.

Comment

Working...
                    X