• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New black and white Visual Studio 2011

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New black and white Visual Studio 2011

Introducing the New Developer Experience - The Visual Studio Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

They did approve my Sinofsky comment through - guess he isn't very much liked there unlike Sinofsky's Windows blog

That's ONE theme. Not even the default one.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That's ONE theme. Not even the default one.
      No it's not but it shows where they are going if they even bother promoting it in the first place.

VS 2010

VS 11

They are about to launch new developers tool and they are talking about ****ing colours and pixel removals to supposedly make it good, there is no need for this tulip - keeping IDE familiar is far more important for productivity than engage in such whacko jacko ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Introducing the New Developer Experience - The Visual Studio Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

They did approve my Sinofsky comment through - guess he isn't very much liked there unlike Sinofsky's Windows blog
        Everyone seems to be moving to dark themes nowadays. I've no idea why, but I cannot say I like it.

Linky for your Sinofsky comment? I don't fancy searching through 20+ pages of comments to find it.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          They are about to launch new developers tool and they are talking about ****ing colours and pixel removals to supposedly make it good, there is no need for this tulip - keeping IDE familiar is far more important for productivity than engage in such whacko jacko ideas.
          They probably think software developers are good at coping with change. Just be glad it doesn't use the ribbon.

Comment

They are about to launch new developers tool and they are talking about ****ing colours and pixel removals to supposedly make it good
            Indeed. What does it say about the actual content of the product that all the hype is about pretty-fying the GUI?

And I'll put money on them having done absolutely nothing to solve all the random slow-down issues.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Indeed. What does it say about the actual content of the product that all the hype is about pretty-fying the GUI?
              Mmmm I wonder where that started?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

What hype? It's one post on the blog.

There's also a good deal of science behind use of colour - UX design is a proper field in its own right which is one thing the open-source community really needs to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  They probably think software developers are good at coping with change. Just be glad it doesn't use the ribbon.
                  WHS

I totally ****ing hate Ribbon tulip - made products from 2010 unuseable

Visual Studio team already made mistake in VS 2010 to use effing slow WPF just to prove it's ready for real world usage only to show that it's not and now they are going even further.

If it wasn't for new .NET CLR in it I would not even consider upgrading to that tulip, will have to get automated builds or something whilst still using VS 2008 for development.

Comment

Maybe you should have built SKA in C++, then you could use GCC and emacs and be safe from such hard concepts.

Comment

Working...
                    X