• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS Transformer Prime

In my opinion, get the Transformer Prime. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and it just seems to get better every day I am using it.

I have ample storage with 32GB on board, but then there is the additional micro-SD, standard SD and standard USB slots for additional memory. The camera is great (not that I will use a tablet as a camera), the graphics are good (HD films on the commute) and I still cannot get over the speed of the device. The keyboard is a great attachment, simple to use and detach. The battery life is incredible, with heavy use all day it goes on and on and on....

People have mentioned there were some WIFI and rebooting issues, but I have not had a single freeze in the few weeks I have been using it.

For £500 (PC World), I think it is a bargain. This is the first tablet I have used that is a genuine replacement for a laptop. I don't really care for the iPad3 graphics... I want that sort of resolution on a tele, not on a 10 inch tablet, what I need is the flexibility to add apps and customisation, which is at the heart of Android.

Buy it !

Comment

I've gone for the iPad2 now the 3 has depressed the prices. Note that you can run Android on iPad if you want to, but not vice versa... whether anyone does this other than for fun I don't know.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I've gone for the iPad2 now the 3 has depressed the prices.
        Thats a good move. I bought a 3 (upgraded from a 1) and its good, but realistically there aint much difference between it and the wifes iPad 2. Need to hold them side by side to actually see a difference, you wouldn't notice anything between them in normal use.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a cheap 7 inch Android tablet, then the Fineslate ones look pretty good, too.

10 inch is in testing, apparently.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
            Thats a good move. I bought a 3 (upgraded from a 1) and its good, but realistically there aint much difference between it and the wifes iPad 2. Need to hold them side by side to actually see a difference, you wouldn't notice anything between them in normal use.
            Got my iPad2 last week and am very impressed with it as a piece of kit - though until I get my code working on iOS it is just sitting beside my bed as a Netflix viewer, and I don't find myself wanting to use it for much else.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Got my iPad2 last week and am very impressed with it as a piece of kit - though until I get my code working on iOS it is just sitting beside my bed as a Netflix viewer, and I don't find myself wanting to use it for much else.
              That seems to be mostly what mine is getting used for at the moment along with the Kindle app, have also subscribed to the LoveFilm streaming and find that between the two its all the telly I need. Just been through all series of Green Wing and the Young Ones and just starting on Misfits. Lovefilm has a few decent films now, just watched Attack the Block, Tucker and Dale vs Evil and Rise of the Footsoldier the last few nights. Gnomio and Juliet was also good!

Just seems a lot nicer watching that stuff in bed on the iPad than on the telly.

This is a lovely app if you are happy with sketching: Paper by FiftyThree for iPad on the iTunes App Store I'm using it to design another Plan B.

Comment

Damn it, just when is the Acer Iconia A510 going on sale in the UK? They said April 2012 and its not on sale anywhere I can find!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                X