• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT infinity thingy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT infinity thingy

Any one got this? Whats the verdict?

Sky will be offering this from April for enable areas, so am tempted...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

I have Fiber to the Cabinet (FTTC) but with Zen. Highly recommended.

35mb down and 9mb up.

GE

Comment

had it since last year though andrews and arnold - TBH day to day browsing and streaming, can't tell the difference. Only time i notice it being better is when i am downloading a big file.
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

FTTC is highly recommended, we stream films regularly now over our ~36mb/sec connection without a hitch.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Sky are about to offer it, trailing it now, only 2mb up tho but no BT-style throttling of P2P

Comment

I'm still waiting for the useless twunts at OpenReach to upgrade the cabinet near me. The town was one of the first to be enabled on FTTC too...

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              Only time i notice it being better is when i am downloading a big file.
              Thats the only reason I can think of for a home user wanting it.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                OTOH, we had a very poor, very slow ADSL connecton that had regular periods of no service, FTTC has transformed the internet for us and is well worth having.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  With more cloud type services, and perhaps more people working remotely or wanting to access their home system remotely upload speed might become a bigger factor. I get 16Mb downstream over ADSL, but only a measly 400Kb upload, so that's where the benefit would be for me.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

All indications are that BT Infinity is well worth having - until everybody gets it and BT cracks down on bandwidth usage, after which BT Super Infinity will be offered. So hurry - get it while nobody else can - my exchange isn't even on a list to be done in near future where as exchanges in dodgy areas in Brum already enabled FFS

Comment

Working...
                    X