• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To technet or not to technet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To technet or not to technet?

OK, so what i would use or want:

Windows SBS server 2008 or 2011 (although not sure just how much, as Mac is main laptop, "test" sharepoint server and could manage email for me.)
    Windows 7 (premium or Ultimate)
    MS Office (Full)
    MS Project
    MS Visio
    Some CRM software

Is technet or the above worth it or should i stick with google drive etc? How easy is Technet to get, do you need to do a test (i think you did at one time...)?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    OK, so what i would use or want:

Windows SBS server 2008 or 2011 (although not sure just how much, as Mac is main laptop, "test" sharepoint server and could manage email for me.)
    Windows 7 (premium or Ultimate)
    MS Office (Full)
    MS Project
    MS Visio
    Some CRM software

Is technet or the above worth it or should i stick with google drive etc? How easy is Technet to get, do you need to do a test (i think you did at one time...)?

The only thing t be aware of is that it is an annual subscription, but if your first year gets you more than a couple of hundred quids worth of software then your already ahead of the game, plus it's a business expense so you get the tax relief on the cost as well.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
    X