• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ms Project help required please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms Project help required please

Hi all

I'm looking for some assistance with MS project.

I have a project plan that is now in progress, and I need to start reporting things like how many days late a task finished etc. Can I use the variance table and look at the finish variance field to achieve this? This seems good at face value, but if a task actually started late and subsequently finished late, I would have to manually work out how many days late the task actually was. If the task started on time and finished late then I can take the finish variance as the number of days late the task was.

I've not been using this software for long and the reporting functions have me stumped.

Can anyone advise what are where the reports are for late finish tasks?

Also can you clarify something else, if a task starts on time but finished late, should I not expect to see an increase in duration? I understand that if a task has been split since baselining then i would not see a duration variance. But am I right in thinking that if the task has not been split, started on time and finished late, that there should be a figure in the duration variance field?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Jo

There is a report somewhere that allows to track against baseline - not sure if it is the same as the one you describe. Without stating the obvious are you baselining the MSP ?

Comment

what version of MS Project and have you baselined the project? (it will only measure against a baselined version i think!)
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
      X