• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office365 or Google Apps for Business or something else

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office365 or Google Apps for Business or something else

Not been on here for a while but i am after recommendations.

I'm trialling O365 plan P1 and it is going OK. However, I have come to the conclusion I don't need Sharepoint, I don't need Linc and I really only need the email, with 25Gb storage. IMAP access as well from my Mac, Windows 8 and a Blackberry (BB10 from next month).

I have always been wary of Google for privacy reasons, but maybe that is just paranoia and I should look at their offering.

Also, maybe all I need is hosted Exchange or Zimbra. If that is the case, there is a myriad of providers so personal recommendations are key to choosing the correct one.

Thoughts from the community welcome...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

I use Office365 for my business....and came to the same conclussion as you with Sharepoint/Lync etc so if it's only email you need then search for anybody doing "Hosted Exchange" email...plenty of people do.

I think the Outlook Web Access is pretty decent and wouldn't use anything else to be honest.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
      I use Office365 for my business....and came to the same conclussion as you with Sharepoint/Lync etc so if it's only email you need then search for anybody doing "Hosted Exchange" email...plenty of people do.

I think the Outlook Web Access is pretty decent and wouldn't use anything else to be honest.

GE
      Sharepoint for small business has no SSL, so I won't be using it. If it did have, I would probably find it useful.

I'll be using joukuu to manage my cloud storage...

Comment

Hey ratewhore. Nice to see you back. How's life?

I wouldn't worry too much about the privacy thing with Google, they have way too much data to know what the heck to do with it all I would imagine

I do like their email service but it looks like they don't do it for free any more...

Comment

Life is good thanks, life is now fully direct contracts, multiple customers, no agents.

I think there is roughly a pound a month difference between Google and MS, not a drama.

Either way, I need to get this bottomed out as I am much more mobile these days and need access to a lot of stuff on various platforms and devices...

Comment

Working...
          X