• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel Question

I have a worksheet with some calculated values. ie - Each line represent one record.

I would like another worksheet or even another spreadsheet to duplicate that worksheet , but filter the records based on one value in each record. I am trying to avoid using filters, as I don't trust the management not to tinker with the sheets.

Any ideas?
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Excel Question

Pivot Table returning the values and protect and hide the source data?
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      Pivot Table returning the values and protect and hide the source data?
      WHS
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Pivot table ^^ would do the job, else you could create a new Excel workbook and have a parameter driven external data link to the one with all the data in ?
        Put a list of available parameter values into a cell. then data could be refreshed automtically when the cell changes, for example ?
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Lotus Improv! That was a great tool - wonder if there is an AIX version....

Comment

Excel Question

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WHS
            Agent in 'knowing something' shocker!
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              Agent in 'knowing something' shocker!
              Nah, you probably have a techie you are abusing and taking all the credit for their work, typical bloody agents
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
                I have a worksheet with some calculated values. ie - Each line represent one record.

I would like another worksheet or even another spreadsheet to duplicate that worksheet , but filter the records based on one value in each record. I am trying to avoid using filters, as I don't trust the management not to tinker with the sheets.

Any ideas?

Use MS-Access?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X