• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online learning resources

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pluralsight have a black friday discount running at the moment. Got a years subscription for 145£
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

If you are Microsoft focused, you should check Microsoft Learn, they offer higher quality learning material than pluralsight and linkedin learning Microsoft Learn | Microsoft Docs

I've been leanring Dynamics 365 for the last few weeks from there, much better quality material than what I found on some paid course places

Comment

Originally posted by techperson View Post
        If you are Microsoft focused, you should check Microsoft Learn, they offer higher quality learning material than pluralsight and linkedin learning Microsoft Learn | Microsoft Docs

I've been leanring Dynamics 365 for the last few weeks from there, much better quality material than what I found on some paid course places
        That would be because it is the new course material - learn.microsoft.com is up to date - the previous course material is focussed on previous versions before the large move to Azure.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am learning Docker at Learn Docker!

It's free. Very well produced and presented. Each step is a gentle increment and doesn't overwhelm newbie like me.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Pluralsight have a black friday discount running at the moment. Got a years subscription for 145£
            If like me your Pluralsight renews automatically at full price. Email support stating you want to cancel your subscription because of the offer.

They will refund you the difference. Done this twice now.

Comment

Free Python courses ?

My kid (in year 7) wants to learn the basics of Python, as it's something they will be covering soon.
              I'm not paying for CodeAcademy, as they'll be bored and onto something else next week (a bit like the guitar that got a few days play and then stuck in the cupboard)

Microsoft Learn has an Introduction to Python course, ~1hr, plus a follow-on. Looks like that'll do, but wondered if there's anything else out there worth looking at ?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                My kid (in year 7) wants to learn the basics of Python, as it's something they will be covering soon.
                I'm not paying for CodeAcademy, as they'll be bored and onto something else next week (a bit like the guitar that got a few days play and then stuck in the cupboard)

Microsoft Learn has an Introduction to Python course, ~1hr, plus a follow-on. Looks like that'll do, but wondered if there's anything else out there worth looking at ?

Cheers.
                Top 5 Free Python Courses for Beginners to Learn Online - Best of Lot | Java67

Comment

Looks good, thanks

Comment

Get him a BBC microbit kit for about £20, it will make it a lot more fun to learn the basics.

BBC micro:bit Starter Kit — Cool Components

I've taught kids Python with these and it was big success.

Comment

A list of free (either free or free via discount vouchers) Udemy courses can be found here A list of nearly all free Udemy courses including vouchers - hotukdeals including some python ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X