• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.UK Domain Names

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.UK Domain Names

Just got an email from my hosting provider offering me the .UK address to go with my .co.uk, might have to get them for the MyCo's domain, but anyone else bothering
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just got an email from my hosting provider offering me the .UK address to go with my .co.uk, might have to get them for the MyCo's domain, but anyone else bothering
    might do if only because my current domain is a crap uk.com and .uk may be better. How much are they offering it for?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      might do if only because my current domain is a crap uk.com and .uk may be better. How much are they offering it for?
      Stock price for Vidahost is £4.49 a year

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Stock price for Vidahost is £4.49 a year
        Just looked into I don't have the co.uk domain so looks like I can't get the .uk domain. I may just change my company name

Comment

Just looked into I don't have the co.uk domain so looks like I can't get the .uk domain. I may just change my company name
          Why did you pick a company name you couldn't get the domain for

Comment

I've never used my .co.uk domain, just the .com.

It seems to me domain names aren't that important in this day and age; if anybody is going to search for your company they're going to use Google, so you're better off doing things to get yourself up the google search results.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Why did you pick a company name you couldn't get the domain for
              Honestly, sometimes I just get something into my head, probably autistic or stupid!

I did think I could buy the .com as it was owned but not used, but each year I email some stupid cow in Australia and ask if I can buy it and each year she says she is going to do something with it. Which reminds me its the time of year

Comment

it's such a crap domain that its not even a domain!

<your company name>.uk.com is a sub domain of uk.com

https://productforums.google.com/for...rs/DccOuOoazik
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  it's such a crap domain that its not even a domain!

<your company name>.uk.com is a sub domain of uk.com

https://productforums.google.com/for...rs/DccOuOoazik
                  I know its a sub-domain but calling it crap depends on what you want to do it. SEO it's crap but that's not important to me.

But thanks for the link anyway.
                  Last edited by woohoo; 28 March 2014, 11:58.

Comment

Suity should register ClusterF domain to write a blog about his contracting.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X