• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you written to your MP yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, well broken. I will report it to the gnomes in the back room.

Done - but site is now down so it looks like some maintenance work going on. Bear with...
    Last edited by malvolio; 14 August 2015, 13:21.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      I suppose you do all realise that if you write to your MP about a matter that is effectively down to a minister, they will have to pass the letter on for an answer. They won't answer it themselves, since they are neither authorised or informed enough to do so. And if they do, then write back and explain why you aren't satisfied with their answer.

So a few thousand forwarded letters from across the country all landing on Gauke's desk will make something of a point. Therefore the more that write to their MPs, the more effective everyone's campaigning will be and the more the point is made that this is a disaster in the making.

One thing is certain; whining impotently on here about ineffective MPs won't achieve anything. We - or rather you - have to use the system
      Agreed and letter already in the post

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        are you an ipse member? they sent out an example/template letter to start you off, you should have got an email on Tuesday
        Nope, I am not.

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        That's such a well proven way to gain traction, after all didn't the BN66 crowd raise thousands of MP's letters and gain exactly feck all?

The track record of letter writing to MP's, is pathetic, it's like a fart in a hurricane, utterly futile.
        Just because MPs don't agree with every issue they're written to about, doesn't mean writing is pointless. At least a few MPs added their support in BN66 stuff from memory.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Nope, I am not.

Just because MPs don't agree with every issue they're written to about, doesn't mean writing is pointless. At least a few MPs added their support in BN66 stuff from memory.
          I'll give you the free users version then:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, mr/mrs small business owner am not happy about:
          T&S review
          Dividend tax
          IR35 review
          (delete as appropriate)

Kind regards,
          me

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            They seem to be having issues with their login, presumably due to the updated website. I can see the forums, but I cannot access "my IPSE"; the login just returns to the home page, with the login still visible when using FireFox. Using IE, there's a fatal error
            I can't log in either. New site's a bit, um, bouncy!

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              I'll give you the free users version then:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, mr/mrs small business owner am not happy about:
              T&S review
              Dividend tax
              IR35 review
              (delete as appropriate)

Kind regards,
              me
              Some pointers on p1 of the thread, before it all kicked off...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Some pointers on p1 of the thread, before it all kicked off...
                by p5, p1 might as well not exist!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  With all the crap that's being thrown at us, we need to get our MPs thinking about this.

So have you written to yours?

You can find him/her here.

Poll to follow...

nice sentiment but similar to the EBT issues, MP's are not interested.

Why rock the boat and ruin potential future earnings, promotions etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
                    nice sentiment but similar to the EBT issues, MP's are not interested.

Why rock the boat and ruin potential future earnings, promotions etc etc
                    Ok.
                    But It's irrelevant. Interested or not, make your problems their problem.

Remember: they wanted this job!
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      Ok.
                      But It's irrelevant. Interested or not, make your problems their problem.

Remember: they wanted this job!
                      Remember they're safely elected until the next election which is 4 3/4 years away, standard politician practice in the UK is to pay lip service at best to constituents interests.
                      Unless you're very fortunate and have an MP that feels passionate about their constituents or feels particularly nice about the cause you raise with them then you will just get a brush off, form response or escalation to the relevant department to get the standard response for the issue.

Remember they wanted the job because it's the route to a deep and frequently refilled trough for life.

Comment

Working...
                      X