• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 Not Many Changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Thought I read a thread the other day where people suggested you'd probably be OK if you could prove any one of SD&C did not apply.

Did I misread or have things changed?
    It depends on how their interpret it. The worry is that the test will change from being NOT subject to Supervision, Direction or Control to being subject to Supervision, Direction or Control..

You can see how such a minor change in wording (which we don't know is intentional or not) makes a significant change to the question....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If all else fails, just stop paying dividends and put your prices accordingly. If we all go PAYE it will be better than the current situation where some are PAYE and some aren't. At the moment, some of us pay dividends and are therefore able to undercut others. Companies know this and use it to knock down rates. In my view, if they need the flexibility of contractors, maybe they should be paying for it.

And it will dissuade the disguised employees (10 years in same "contract", at the same desk, 5 miles from home, often public sector) who have brought freelancing into disrepute.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep we need something led by people who are willing to listen to options and not just try and defend their single idea.

I'm not volunteering though. I have enough on with the survey and getting a decent plan for a project based ir35 test or anything else that an end client could reliable use but not abuse.

If anyone has any ideas no matter how half baked ( any plan is probably more sane and rational than the flc) please post in the http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...rinciples.html thread and if you haven't filled in a survey yet see my signature
        Might have to correct that after the meetings this morning... Have to have a think....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Might have to correct that after the meetings this morning... Have to have a think....
          Cue Tina Turner "Beyond the thunderdome"...

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
            Cue Tina Turner "Beyond the thunderdome"...
            Yep but I really don't want to be a hero. I'm just rapidly stumbling into something like that role..

The reason why I did the survey was because Webberg wanted to do one. That survey no matter how good it was would be tainted by
            the fact he works in Tax and HMRC's opinion of him and hence the survey could be biased because of it.

So I did the survey myself because it wasn't fair to say don't do one if no one else was going to...

I now have the results and figures and now the question is how do I present them. Given that I want people to read and agree / argue with the T&S and IR35 responses I'm going to write, its getting very close to being a group response in actuality rather than an individual one.

And on that basis it may actually be worth making it into an official group representing contractors rather than just myself.... Especially given comments I heard multiple times today that the IPSE isn't actual represents contractors that well and especially isn't represent some subsets of them (I think even IPSE would accept that)..

Comment

I forwarded the questionnaire to every contractor I know and asked them to forward to others. The general feedback was the same as many other's experience on this forum - pure ignorance of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                I forwarded the questionnaire to every contractor I know and asked them to forward to others. The general feedback was the same as many other's experience on this forum - pure ignorance of the situation.
                Hardly surprising most people will sleep walk into this mess not realising until its too late..

Think I will be doing a website / campaign (but not a big one and little more than the absolute minimum) for a while. Just long enough to send responses to the current consultation and discussion documents and the final IR35 consultation document. After that it will hopefully die a death..
                Last edited by eek; 26 August 2015, 09:26.

Comment

Working...
                X