• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of the road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the road

Forward to you contractors friends

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/end-of-the-road

Thus proving the Conservative governments are far more effective than Labour ones.

Blairs govt tried it's damnest to wipe out UK IT contractors with IR35, Fast Track Visa work permits and such measures.

We all survived.

Tories take five minutes to do the job properly.

Comment

"Oh no! Gosh I better join IPSE as soon as possible, do their survey and encourage all my friends to join IPSE too!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        "Oh no! Gosh I better join IPSE as soon as possible, do their survey and encourage all my friends to join IPSE too!!!"
        Alternatively join eek's 1 man army !!

Comment

They will save us all! Tories are listening hard to us, they care about "small business". That's how they see us isn't it?

Comment

Don't forget IPSEMGM0004

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Alternatively join eek's 1 man army !!
              That would be multiple leaders, various umbrella firms, 3 firms of contracting accountants (I haven't asked the others), various recruitment agencies and multiple other people (including unions and low pay campaigners)..

Given that all I wanted to do was get some figures and then pass those figures on for others to use, its slightly snowballed..

But given the cynical nature of most of the IPSE people I have had the misfortune to witness, who still believe that they are being attacked when we are really collateral damage I do believe I had to do something..

But if the best you lot can come up with is cheap jokes and insults (and I've now had those from every CC member who posts here except TF, MS and Coconut) you better hope that the document the CC members will first see on the 26th actually represents a coherent viewpoint. Ours will be on public view as we write it and we will listen to opinions...

Oh I note that the post has now been deleted. Too late mate I'm going to keep that here for posterity ...
              Last edited by eek; 28 August 2015, 10:13.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                That would be 5 leaders, various umbrella firms, 3 firms of contracting accountants (I haven't asked the others), various recruitment agencies and multiple other people (including unions and low pay campaigners)..

Given that all I wanted to do was get some figures and then pass those figures on for others to use, its slightly snowballed..

But given the cynical nature of most of the IPSE people I have had the misfortune to witness, who still believe that they are being attacked when we are really collateral damage I do believe I had to do something..

But if the best you lot can come up with is cheap jokes go ahead....
                I moved this from General, I'm sure that Tarbs wouldn't have broken forum rules.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The proposal specifically excludes “large consultancies” or businesses based outside the UK so, in IPSE’s view, this would mean that your business would be operating at a competitive disadvantage to big consultancies such as Accenture or contractors based in other EU countries.
                  That's me sorted , its a pity that the rates in the UK are so tulip though However, there's your answer...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I moved this from General, I'm sure that Tarbs wouldn't have broken forum rules.
                    Even in general that wasn't fair game. I wouldn't be devoting spare time I would happily be doing other things with unless I felt I absolutely had to... And given the comments regarding IPSE that I've heard from outsiders they really do have problems...

And that was before the FLC fiasco...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X