• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors United will never be Shafted!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I would, but I don't use any of the systems to sign up from, sorry that's the first one of your surveys and the likes that I can't support other than morally.
    That's OK - it's just nice to know you're with us in spirit
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Why Thunderclap?

AUCAE has set up the Thunderclap for contractors to gain maximum social vocal impact during the Autumn Statement 2015.

If any of you have been sad enough to watch the twitter feed during previous statements, you will see how easy it is for your message to get lost AUCAE wanted to make sure that those in the right places realise the impact the proposed changes will have on the industry, so by supporting the cause, we can speak together (under one hashtag #AS2015Contractors) that way we don't get lost in the clutter!

We gain maximum social reach using Thunderclap... bit of a pyramid effect really, with 49 supporters at the moment our social reach is now at nearly 60,000 people that is across Twitter, Facebook and Tumblir, but we need this to be more.

Providing we hit our target to get just 100 supporters (ie you guys), then on the 25th November at 12.30pm, our message will be "thunderclapped" across social media at the same time - hopefully highlighting to those who need to know that this matters!!!

I will make sure from this end that those who need to know of the hashtag, will know of the hashtag!

Hope this helps explain.

Comment

Quick update - we're at 62% of our target with a reach of almost 70,000

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

78% of target with a reach of over 112,000

We only need 22 more people to support us and we will be able to "thunderclap" contractors views on the Autumn Statement on 25th November - all at the same time - something to make HMG sit up and take notice
          Last edited by LisaContractorUmbrella; 18 November 2015, 09:31.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I'm amazed that we only have 80 out of the 100 needed. Surely it's in the interests of every contractor to sign this and show support. It takes no time to do also.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Contractors United will never be Shafted!

Great idea :-)
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                I'm amazed that we only have 80 out of the 100 needed. Surely it's in the interests of every contractor to sign this and show support. It takes no time to do also.
                OK I have been plastering it all over social media and for some reason everyone seems happy to share or like or retweet - but trying to get people to click on the link to register their support appears to be like - any marvellous suggestions to get this to work or am I just being blonde?????

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                  OK I have been plastering it all over social media and for some reason everyone seems happy to share or like or retweet - but trying to get people to click on the link to register their support appears to be like - any marvellous suggestions to get this to work or am I just being blonde?????

I would spam it to each subforum right now. Some folk just won't have seen it.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                    To be fair it does initially appear to simply be a statement you are making now. It's not obvious that you want people to actually click through and sign up. It took me a minute to realise and do it. If people are doing the usual social media thing of simply hitting Like and moving on they may not realise.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

i'm in

think i'm 90 out off 100

just 10 more

Comment

Working...
                      X