• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discussion with my MP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Mine is Michael Bleeding Gove ferchrissakes. More Muppetry one cannot imagine...
    Why not set up a meeting with him and the CUK massive can turn up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
      My understanding is T&S will be lost for both inside and outside of IR35 come next year as each gig will be counted as your permanent place of work.

Need to wait for Autumn Statement and it's details to be sure
      Ok we can maybe take travel out of the list... lets see next week!

[placeholder for travel if it survives AS 25 Nov], computer costs, subsistence, direct training, sub contractors, etc.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I was thinking about meeting mine too. Based on my experience with BN66 he's a bit of a waste of space that will just toe the party line but it's worth a try. I'm waiting until after Wednesday though.

Comment

I've just gone through the finance bill from the summer and cannot find a mention of us losing Travel/Subsistence. I know it was in the white papers etc. Was there another bill that completed from the spring budget that I cannot find? The finance bill contains no mention that I can find - and we only had one finance bill as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
            I've just gone through the finance bill from the summer and cannot find a mention of us losing Travel/Subsistence. I know it was in the white papers etc. Was there another bill that completed from the spring budget that I cannot find? The finance bill contains no mention that I can find - and we only had one finance bill as far as I can see.
            It was a consultation over the summer - any changes to legislation will be in the Finance Bill to be published 9th December I think
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              It was a consultation over the summer - any changes to legislation will be in the Finance Bill to be published 9th December I think
              Stupid question - Autumn Statement due on Wed still? And we may get more information in there?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Stupid question - Autumn Statement due on Wed still? And we may get more information in there?

Yep you got it Nothing set in stone as yet - we'll get the basics and some guidance in the press notices following the Autumn Statement on Wednesday and then the actual legislation will be published 9th December (I think)
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  Yep you got it Nothing set in stone as yet - we'll get the basics and some guidance in the press notices following the Autumn Statement on Wednesday and then the actual legislation will be published 9th December (I think)
                  Well, 9 December for the draft clauses in Finance Bill 2016. Frankly, I'd be surprised (and a little worried ) to see any clauses w/r to a revised IR35 in FB 2016, let alone that draft (T&S may be though).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Well, 9 December for the draft clauses in Finance Bill 2016. Frankly, I'd be surprised (and a little worried ) to see any clauses w/r to a revised IR35 in FB 2016, let alone that draft (T&S may be though).
                    Why would you be surprised / worried ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Why would you be surprised / worried ?
                      That they drafted clauses for a revised IR35 before December 9 without any consultation? I think that's self-explanatory. It's not totally implausible if they're going to do something "simple" without consultation, but it's highly unlikely. We can only wait. I'd be stunned, as someone that follows the legislative process quite carefully. YMMV.

ps. I'd be worried even for a later draft of FB 2016, although that is considerably more likely than December 9.

Comment

Working...
                      X