• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Link to the official AS2015 documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to the official AS2015 documents

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...2015-documents

So far - I can't see any more detail in there on what happens to us.

Originally posted by matzie View Post

I wonder if its within this nice vague bit:

3.87 Disguised remuneration – The government intends to take action against those who
    have used or continue to use disguised remuneration schemes and who have not yet paid their
    fair share of tax. The government will also consider legislating in a future Finance Bill to close
    down any further new schemes intended to avoid tax on earned income, where necessary, with
    effect from 25 November 2015.

Comment

3.20 Employment intermediaries and tax relief for travel and subsistence – As
      confirmed at Summer Budget 2015, the government will legislate to restrict tax relief for travel
      and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through an employment intermediary, such as an
      umbrella company or a personal service company. Following consultation, relief will be restricted
      for individuals working through personal service companies where the intermediaries legislation
      applies. This change will take effect from 6 April 2016.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

So no concrete details, I'd like to say I'm surprised.

Let the panic and scaremongering resume

Comment

3.92 Capital Gains Tax entrepreneurs’ relief: contrived structures – The government
          will consider bringing forward legislation to amend the changes made by Finance Act 2015 to
          entrepreneurs’ relief, in order to support businesses by ensuring that the relief is available on
          certain genuine commercial transactions.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by matzie View Post

I think the key was in the speech itself. If you weren't listening you missed it, so here it is:

We said £5 billion would come from the measures on tax avoidance, evasion and imbalances.

Those measures were announced at the Budget.

basically as announced in July

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              I think the key was in the speech itself. If you weren't listening you missed it, so here it is:

We said £5 billion would come from the measures on tax avoidance, evasion and imbalances.

Those measures were announced at the Budget.

basically as announced in July
              Some of you must be charging a lot higher day rate than me if we're going to contribute that £5 billion between us

Comment

Originally posted by javadude View Post
                Some of you must be charging a lot higher day rate than me if we're going to contribute that £5 billion between us
                All in a days work for some of us

Comment

3.97 Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) review of employment status – The government
                  has responded to the final report of the OTS review of employment status and is taking forward
                  the majority of recommendations.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    3.97 Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) review of employment status – The government
                    has responded to the final report of the OTS review of employment status and is taking forward
                    the majority of recommendations.
                    Forgive the stupidity - but what did that say?

Comment

Working...
                    X