• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just received this from our contact at HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    To be clear - this isn't IR35 yet - just a portent of doom...
    Yes but, correct me if I'm wrong this is for T & S isn't it? Therefore after April 2016 by default T & S tax relief won't be able to be claimed unless "it is shown otherwise" i.e. you need to contact them to prove no S, D or C.

"Most end engagers will only need to take action where a worker is not under supervision, direction or control in the manner they undertake their work. Workers are assumed to be under supervision, direction or control, unless it is shown otherwise."

Or am I misunderstanding things?

I suppose what we're all saying is we're worried that if they're doing this for T & S they'll just as easily flip this to employment status?

Comment

Originally posted by cityben View Post
      Yes but, correct me if I'm wrong this is for T & S isn't it? Therefore after April 2016 by default T & S tax relief won't be able to be claimed unless "it is shown otherwise" i.e. you need to contact them to prove no S, D or C.

"Most end engagers will only need to take action where a worker is not under supervision, direction or control in the manner they undertake their work. Workers are assumed to be under supervision, direction or control, unless it is shown otherwise."

Or am I misunderstanding things?

I suppose what we're all saying is we're worried that if they're doing this for T & S they'll just as easily flip this to employment status?
      It is for T&S, but "PSCs" are excluded - for us, IR35 is the decider - inside = no T&S, outside = T&S. So for most of us, it's carry on as before, for now.

Comment

It is for T&S, but "PSCs" are excluded - for us, IR35 is the decider - inside = no T&S, outside = T&S. So for most of us, it's carry on as before, for now.
        Thanks for the clarification. So in this case we are PSCs

But as I said, it sounds like they clearly think S, D or C check is easier than it actually is which is worrying. It means they could turn on the in or out IR35 on that basis at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by cityben View Post
          Thanks for the clarification. So in this case we are PSCs

But as I said, it sounds like they clearly think S, D or C check is easier than it actually is which is worrying. It means they could turn on the in or out IR35 on that basis at some point...
          Yes, "PSCs".

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            Yes, "PSCs".
            Sounds like a star sign.

Comment

Sounds like a star sign.
              Or a herding pen. Anything to get dear Gideon's mojo in gear.

Comment

Working...
              X