• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies want SDC for all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brollies want SDC for all

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/so-ou...stuart-marquis

'Cos it's only fair.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It is. As part of the one size fits all society.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

"Of course the thing that would join all this together would be if IR35 was revised so that status was only determined by SDC"

Thanks, Lisa
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        HMRC Divide and conquer perhaps?

Comment

Isn't working via a brolly almost the same as declaring yourself within IR35? I'm sure T&S is being stopped for those who have said they're within IR35, so isn't that equal?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Isn't working via a brolly almost the same as declaring yourself within IR35? I'm sure T&S is being stopped for those who have said they're within IR35, so isn't that equal?
            Yes, but not content with that, the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to shaft those left behind.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to, both, protect and potentially increase their business.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes, but not content with that, the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to shaft those left behind.
                They should really be taking issue with the Government after all it was their decision, also there's nothing to stop brolly users forming their own companies should they wish to do so.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

"Of course the thing that would join all this together would be if IR35 was revised so that status was only determined by SDC"

Thanks, Lisa
                  Not sure where that quote originates, but AFAIK Lisa has argued against this as much as anyone. Personally, I'm not too concerned about SDC, although I know it's a minority view around here. However, none of this should be remotely surprising to anyone. On the contrary, I was very surprised by the AS in general and, specifically, by the absence of SDC as the qualifying condition for brollies in the original Blue Book, although I think it made sense not to preempt the IR35 consultation for PSCs. Nevertheless, the subsequent clarification tells us pretty much all we need to know about where this is heading. They aren't going to leave open an obvious pull-factor towards TMI from brollies, and some of the dual providers are already advertising to that effect; to some degree, we do it to ourselves (the wider contracting industry, that is).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Not sure where that quote originates, but AFAIK Lisa has argued against this as much as anyone.
                    The quote is Lisa's comment on the LinkedIn post.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X