Brollies want SDC for all Brollies want SDC for all
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,168

    Angry Brollies want SDC for all


  2. #2

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    It is. As part of the one size fits all society.

  3. #3

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,488

    Default

    "Of course the thing that would join all this together would be if IR35 was revised so that status was only determined by SDC"

    Thanks, Lisa
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    HMRC Divide and conquer perhaps?

  5. #5

    Super poster

    The Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Macron Country
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Isn't working via a brolly almost the same as declaring yourself within IR35? I'm sure T&S is being stopped for those who have said they're within IR35, so isn't that equal?
    In Scooter we trust

  6. #6

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Isn't working via a brolly almost the same as declaring yourself within IR35? I'm sure T&S is being stopped for those who have said they're within IR35, so isn't that equal?
    Yes, but not content with that, the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to shaft those left behind.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,412

    Default

    FTFY

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to, both, protect and potentially increase their business.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    The Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Macron Country
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Yes, but not content with that, the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to shaft those left behind.
    They should really be taking issue with the Government after all it was their decision, also there's nothing to stop brolly users forming their own companies should they wish to do so.
    In Scooter we trust

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    "Of course the thing that would join all this together would be if IR35 was revised so that status was only determined by SDC"

    Thanks, Lisa
    Not sure where that quote originates, but AFAIK Lisa has argued against this as much as anyone. Personally, I'm not too concerned about SDC, although I know it's a minority view around here. However, none of this should be remotely surprising to anyone. On the contrary, I was very surprised by the AS in general and, specifically, by the absence of SDC as the qualifying condition for brollies in the original Blue Book, although I think it made sense not to preempt the IR35 consultation for PSCs. Nevertheless, the subsequent clarification tells us pretty much all we need to know about where this is heading. They aren't going to leave open an obvious pull-factor towards TMI from brollies, and some of the dual providers are already advertising to that effect; to some degree, we do it to ourselves (the wider contracting industry, that is).

  10. #10

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not sure where that quote originates, but AFAIK Lisa has argued against this as much as anyone.
    The quote is Lisa's comment on the LinkedIn post.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •