• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone personally recommend a good IR35 solicitor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone personally recommend a good IR35 solicitor?

I would like to get my contracts checked over to see if they fall within IR35. At present I get clients via agencies, therefore the agent does the contract. However now I want to start doing my own.

Has anyone worked with a good solicitor who can draft IR35 compliant contracts which can be used both with direct clients and via agents?

Many thanks

Originally posted by Contabilidad View Post
    I would like to get my contracts checked over to see if they fall within IR35. At present I get clients via agencies, therefore the agent does the contract. However now I want to start doing my own.

Has anyone worked with a good solicitor who can draft IR35 compliant contracts which can be used both with direct clients and via agents?

Many thanks
    There are plenty of contract review services for agency issued contracts - QDOS, B&C or Abbey Tax are the leaders in the field.

For your own contracts, if you are an IPSE member, there are contract templates on the website which you can use.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/guides-and-to...ract-templates
    Last edited by mudskipper; 24 February 2016, 07:45.

Comment

You are going to be very lucky to get an agent to accept your contract. They will also default to theirbown because they have had them checked legally. They won't want to do that to yours. Could you use one of the ones you got checked as a template?
      Maybe if you speak to QDOS they can help.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can use a solicitor to amend an agency contract but they will not accept one you draft yourself.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There's a template contract with an agency here but, as others have said, getting an agency to accept your own contract will be tough.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
          X