Public sector IR35 consultation launched Public sector IR35 consultation launched - Page 11
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 110 of 589

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    From your earlier posts my understanding was that Qdos had passed it as clear. I that correct or not?

If so, there's nothing to stop the MOD changing that but they would need to change the contract and / or working practices. To change the contract they would need to give notice. If they are changing the WP then get clarity over how and from when.

And get some proper advice I. E. Not just us.
    Yes QDOS have said contract is outside. I didn't actually go ahead with the working practices review although I'm pretty certain that would also indicate being outside IR35. I will be seeking some advice although not sure where yet. I'm probably in a fortunate situation in that I haven't been at the client 6 months yet and the letter states that it will only apply to contractors who have been at the client longer than this. The letter states however that it will apply if I enter into any contract extension.

They seem to be making things up as they go along. I was fully expecting things to change next April but this is a bit of a bombshell.

Should post faster

It's actually impossible to comply with the new requirements. By assuming everyone is inside IR35, despite providing assurance letters to the contrary, every contractor must leave by the deadline or face being reported to HMRC. And that's exactly what's happening. It's a disaster for the organisation.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by westtester View Post
    It's actually impossible to comply with the new requirements. By assuming everyone is inside IR35, despite providing assurance letters to the contrary, every contractor must leave by the deadline or face being reported to HMRC. And that's exactly what's happening. It's a disaster for the organisation.
    No. It's a disaster for the contractors, all projects the contractors are working on and eventually the hr department. The organisation itself is going to reap exactly what it deserves by letting hr implement crackpot schemes in a unitary and ill thought out way

It will however provide us with a great example as to why HMRC's grand plan won't work
    Last edited by eek; 15th June 2016 at 07:48.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by westtester View Post
    Dont worry UKHO are used to this. I was there when the last lot of guidelines came out. They couldn't have been happier to see everyone leave. All the more space for their uncle brother cousin to fill...

Front page of the FT online this morning:

https://next.ft.com/content/fe83a5da...6-0712b3873ae1

Surely a coincidence given all the speculation about CT reductions.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Front page of the FT online this morning:

https://next.ft.com/content/fe83a5da...6-0712b3873ae1

Surely a coincidence given all the speculation about CT reductions.
    Still peddling the 90% lie. I'd like to see Osborne asked why he has let things get so bad, because when Alexander did his review, he found the vast majoirty of public sector contracts were handled correctly. But that would require a journalist to understand that we arent tax avoiding scum all the time

Quote Originally Posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    But that would require a journalist to understand that we arent tax avoiding scum all the time
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story etc.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    Still peddling the 90% lie. I'd like to see Osborne asked why he has let things get so bad, because when Alexander did his review, he found the vast majoirty of public sector contracts were handled correctly. But that would require a journalist to understand that we arent tax avoiding scum all the time
    Maybe someone from here would be willing to educate Ms. Rovnick?
    Yes, a lot of journos are clueless, but bitching about it without attempting to present them an alternative view is not constructive.
    Surprisingly, some of them are eager to learn.

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Maybe someone from here would be willing to educate Ms. Rovnick?
    Yes, a lot of journos are clueless, but bitching about it without attempting to present them an alternative view is not constructive.
    Surprisingly, some of them are eager to learn.
    I thought that is what IPSE is doing?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    I thought that is what IPSE is doing?
    Given the article and the person quoted within it there are a few things there where I thought WTF regarding certain choice of words.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment